Infrared Thermography can detect potentially serious faults before they have a chance to develop. A survey of an electrical installation will reveal in seconds any abnormal component temperatures preceding equipment failure.
The Thermography report identifies the exact area of the fault so no time is wasted using elimination processes.
Cost savings are made if the procedure is used as part of a regular preventative maintenance program. Unexpected breakdowns in all types of plant can be prevented well in advance of their becoming apparent. Repairs and/or maintenance can then be scheduled as required.
Thermal Imaging Applications
Using infrared Thermography as a diagnostic tool is a condition monitoring technique that measures the radiant heat pattern emitted from a body, such as building structures or plant & equipment. This technique will generally determine the regions or points of increased or reduced heat emissions, which can indicate the presence of a fault.
- Identify potential equipment/component failure or irregularities in loading
- Prevent fire/explosion
- Check component integrity
- Determine loading condition of equipment
- The visual inspection of each switchboard will help determine its condition: ie broken door hinges, excessive heat, build up of dust/dirt, vermin proof, unsafe condition or discoloration of components, condition of legend, clear local access area, etc.
- Maintenance personnel can plan repairs as necessary.
Hard and/or soft copy reports, containing documentary evidence of survey results, are provided with each survey.