How much does it cost to rewire a house?
This is one of the most common questions we have, and the answer as it is with major home projects, is that there’s a big potential cost range.
You can expect to pay $5,000 to $15,000 to rewire a standard Auckland home or Villa. The cost to rewire a home will depend on the size and age of your house, the ease with which our electrician can access the old wiring, and the quirks that we usually find in older Auckland homes.
We offer free quotes for Auckland house rewiring, so get in touch with our electricians today
Signs you may need a house rewire
- Frequently tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses
- Burning smell, sometimes with a sizzling sound
- Discolored and hot outlets and switches
- Old Black Rubber Wiring
- House is Pre 1960
- Visibly worn electrical cable
- Wire fuse switchboard
- Black rubber cable
- Electrical shocks from appliances, sockets & switches
- Outlets and cords that get warm when in use
- Fuses that blow regularly
- Frequent power outages
- Fuseboards that keep tripping out
House re-wiring usually involve some or all of the following:
- Removal of all old TRS and VIR cables & steel conduit
- Rewiring with new TPS cables
- Replacement of original sockets, lights switches, light fittings with modern fittings.
- New mains cables installed
- Old fuseboard and porcelain fuses replaced with modern switch boards
- Power meters relocated outside
- An electrical inspection and Certificate of Compliance issue